Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Project 365 Days 100-106

Day 100 - April 10


This picture was actually taken on the following day (the 11th) but I needed a filler!  I was on my way to pick up the subject of the next picture, when I came upon this beautiful field of blue bonnets.  Gorgeous!  Oh how I wished the girls and my DSLR were with me so I could trespass on this private property to get some beautiful shots!  Oh well, next year?

Day 101 - April 11


Well here she is!  This is Rosie, the newest member of our family (posing with Ava of course).  Rosie is a Great Pyrenees and we adopted her from the Texas Great Pyrenees Rescue.  I was hesitant to post we had adopted her because I wasn't sure if she was going to work out - she was a wonderful dog from the start but totally different than a Great Dane!!  It took me some time to adjust to her and this type of dog (she's considered a Livestock Guardian Dog) but so glad it worked out!  She is a LOVE!  Friendly with the cats, horses and awesome with my girls.  She loves to be outside guarding and wandering our property on the look out for predators.  She is about 2 1/2 years old so she's out of that puppy stage but still young enough to have many years left with us.  She spends her nights up roaming the property, guarding.  Then she pretty much sleeps during the day.  She came from a 2700 acre ranch that she guarded but has adjusted to our measly 150 just fine ;-)  I had to take her to the vet last week and the staff just LOVED her!  They couldn't believe how laid back and calm she was (the vet remarked that her heart rate was 1/3 of what most dogs are at when they come because they are so anxious at the vets!)  There will be plenty more pictures and info to come but I wanted to memorialize the day our wonderful Rosie came into our lives!!

Day 102 - April 12


So this picture is a little out of focus, a little wild from the wind, etc. but I love Amelia's expression here!  When she's posing for pictures her smile tends to be a very forced almost 'frown' looking so when I get a genuine smile from her I just love it!

Day 103 - April 13


As promised, here are some more pics of Rosie!  We kept her on a leash for the first several days and walked the fence lines of our property with her to show her where she needs to guard.  The woman at the rescue said the fact that she is so well leashed trained is rare in Great Pyrenees because so often they are loose, wandering their guarding area they don't get much leash practice!  But she is so gentle the girls can walk her and she even knows "sit" and "down"!

Day 104 - April 14


So we kept Rosie on a leash or in the barn for the first several days, like I said.  But as we got closer to 'letting her loose' I started showing her more of our property, including one of our several tanks where she can take a swim and cool off in the hot summer months to come!

Day 105 - April 15


We had a fairly good wind storm come through (as evidenced by the blowing curtains on the back patio) and we lost quite a bit of shingles.  These shingles are supposed to be able to sustain 110+ winds.  I'm not sure we got a gust above 45 mph but these were coming off.  We pretty much hate our roof.

Day 106 - April 16


I'm not sure how our town got so lucky, but a nice, new grocery recently opened.  Oh my. It's a dream come true.  Clean floors, organized shelves.  Premium foods and EXCELLENT produce and meat sections!  Another nice thing are these cute little shopping carts they have for their smallest customers.  Although they aren't so cute when they are ramming into the back of your heels ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers