Wednesday, September 30, 2015
1. Wretched Podcast: Todd Friel does an awesome job of talking about daily events in and out of the church from a Biblical perspective. His 2 hour weekday radio show is full of humor and wisdom! He has a pithy 5-10 minute daily podcast you can get for free but if you become a Wretched Club member, you can get the entire 2 hour broadcast for free in podcast form, downloaded to your device. Or, you can stream the broadcast live or stream anytime as the previous show is constantly streaming on a loop via the website.
2. The Briefing: This is another great Podcast that I just recently discovered through a friend. Usually under 30 minutes, Al Mohler discusses the day's news headlines and other "cultural conversations" happening from a Biblical worldview. Excellent analysis, insight and a great way to start off your day!
3. Grace to You Pulpit Podcast: This is the link to each sermon preached weekly at Grace Community (John MacArthur's church) in Southern California. Excellent. Period.
4. Countryside Bible Pulpit Podcast: In a similar vein, this is the podcast from the pulpit at our church. Most of these sermons are preached by our pastor, Tom Pennington, but it also includes guests and other pastors in the church who preach from time to time.
5. Truth Forum: This is a new podcast started by David Parson, founder of Truth Remains. It focuses on topics relevant to Christians endeavoring to be faithful to Christ in the midst of a cultural whirlwind. And he's started off with notable guests such as our pastor, Tom Pennington, John MacArthur and Al Mohler! So of course, it's a given this a new favorite of mine!
So that rounds out my top favorite podcasts. But I'm always looking for more! So if you have one you love, let me know!
Monday, September 28, 2015
Monday, January 05, 2015
We love our church. Have I mentioned that before? I am so thankful that God led us to Countryside Bible. One of the things the elders and pastoral staff has asked us to do as a church, is read along together in either Gospel Meditations for Women or Gospel Meditations for Men. I'm a little behind, but this was part of my reading today. This is it - in a nutshell. Our need for God, our need for a perfect Savior to be the substitute for our sinful selves. Soli Deo Gloria!
Thursday, January 01, 2015
Can I just say I relate to this commercial?
Just to keep it all in perspective and remember where my focus should be, here is a great prayer that was in my Grace Gems email this morning:
"My times are in Your hand!" Psalm 31:15
Firmly believing that my times are in God's hand, I here submit myself and all my affairs for the ensuing year, to the wise and gracious disposal of God's divine providence. Whether God appoints for me . . . .
--may His holy will be done!
All my time, strength, and service, I devote to the honor of the Lord Jesus--and even my common actions. It is my earnest expectation, hope, and desire, my constant aim and endeavor--that Jesus Christ may be magnified in me.
In everything I have to do--my entire dependence is upon Jesus Christ for strength. And whatever I do in word or deed, I desire to do all in His name, to make Him my Alpha and Omega. I have all from Him--and I would use all for Him.
If this should prove a year of affliction, a sorrowful year to me--I will fetch all my supports and comforts from the Lord Jesus and stay myself upon Him, His everlasting consolations, and the good hope I have in Him through grace.
And if it should be my dying year--then my times are in the hand of the Lord Jesus. And with a humble reliance upon His mediation, I would venture into the eternal world looking for the blessed hope. Dying as well as living--Jesus Christ will, I trust, be gain and advantage to me.
Oh, that the grace of God may be sufficient for me, to keep me always in a humble sense of my own unworthiness, weakness, folly, and infirmity--together with a humble dependence upon the Lord Jesus Christ for daily grace and strength.
Happy New Year!