Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Just Another Day?

When events like the Oklahoma tornadoes happen, I often think of the people (and in this case, children - I can barely type that as I think of my own children) who perished. Did they wake up thinking, "Okay, I have this and this planned for today. I have to get to work, take the dog to the vet, swing by the grocery store. And oh yes, there may be some severe weather this afternoon. Hopefully if we get hail, it won't damage the roof again.", etc.

Little did they know their life would be required of them that day.

I think about myself. Are those the same thoughts I'm having today? Will my life be required of me today?

If it is, I have the security of knowing where I am going when I die.

What about you? Do you know where you're going when you die?

"Thomas *said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:5-6

"...let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead — by this name this man stands here before you in good health. He is the stone which was rejected by you, the builders, but which became the chief corner stone. And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12

Have you repented and put your trust in Jesus Christ? If not, don't delay. Your life might be required of you today.

1 comment:

 
Blog Design by April Showers