Sunday, July 01, 2012

Sunday Snapshot: A Second Look

I took the girls out to the front pastures earlier this year (around April, to be exact) just after they had finished mowing and baling.  The large round hay bales look so graphic and yet also bring about patriotic feelings for me.  Simple mid-America, hometown, hardworking, down to earth patriotic American feelings.


Problem was, I didn't like any of the over 500 shots I took.


But then I was scrolling over my iPhoto events the other day and a few popped up under my cursor that looked interesting.  


So I decided to take a second look.


DSC_0517


And I found some I really liked.

DSC_0520


I'm not head over heels for all of these shots...

DSC_0527

...but I was surprised what a second look could do...

DSC_0043

I think this one needs to go in a frame somewhere in my house.

DSC_0057

Or maybe this one...since this is what the girls are doing most of the time...laughing and playing around.

DSC_0087

Although I do think that very soon, it will be strange to look at a picture like this and see just two of my girls.

DSC_0263

By themselves, it's not so apparent...

DSC_0291

Because, after all,

DSC_0178

They are still awfully cute on their own.

DSC_0319

But when they're together, it's suddenly apparent that someone is missing.  And we want her here in our pictures with us soon!


Ni Hao Yall

Head over to NiHao Y'all for more fun Sunday Snapshots!

2 comments:

  1. I think these turned out great! Love the first one, and of the girls on the bench... you must get a few of these blown up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the WCP yahoo group - you have a beautiful family! These photos are GREAT! And, I love your girls names - praying home Audrey!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by April Showers