Living in the ginormous Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, there are many opportunities for driving long distances. Especially if you live on the fringe of the metroplex like we do! So my podcasts are an important way for me to pass the time, stay awake, learn something and enjoy my time on the road. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Wretched Podcast: Todd Friel does an awesome job of talking about daily events in and out of the church from a Biblical perspective. His 2 hour weekday radio show is full of humor and wisdom! He has a pithy 5-10 minute daily podcast you can get for free but if you become a Wretched Club member, you can get the entire 2 hour broadcast for free in podcast form, downloaded to your device. Or, you can stream the broadcast live or stream anytime as the previous show is constantly streaming on a loop via the website.
2. The Briefing: This is another great Podcast that I just recently discovered through a friend. Usually under 30 minutes, Al Mohler discusses the day's news headlines and other "cultural conversations" happening from a Biblical worldview. Excellent analysis, insight and a great way to start off your day!
3. Grace to You Pulpit Podcast: This is the link to each sermon preached weekly at Grace Community (John MacArthur's church) in Southern California. Excellent. Period.
4. Countryside Bible Pulpit Podcast: In a similar vein, this is the podcast from the pulpit at our church. Most of these sermons are preached by our pastor, Tom Pennington, but it also includes guests and other pastors in the church who preach from time to time.
5. Truth Forum: This is a new podcast started by David Parson, founder of Truth Remains. It focuses on topics relevant to Christians endeavoring to be faithful to Christ in the midst of a cultural whirlwind. And he's started off with notable guests such as our pastor, Tom Pennington, John MacArthur and Al Mohler! So of course, it's a given this a new favorite of mine!
So that rounds out my top favorite podcasts. But I'm always looking for more! So if you have one you love, let me know!