Friday, October 28, 2011

Haircuts!

Way back at the beginning of summer, June 18th to be exact, when the heat was increasing daily, several weeks of swim lessons had been scheduled and many days were going to be spent in the pool, I talked the girls into getting "summer" haircuts.  This was a little scary for me because since June 1, 2009 (Amelia's Gotcha Day), Amelia had never had a hair cut on her head.  Never.  We had been working so hard at growing it out.  But, I thought angled bobs for the girls would be cute and cool for the summer.  Here is what they looked like before:




I don't know why she was looking at Ava like that, but I think Amelia's expression is so cute!



Pretty long, right?  That's why I was SO scared!!  But we set off for Sweet and Sassy.  Unfortunately, our favorite hair stylist who used to cut Ava's hair in the angled bob a few years ago, no longer worked there.  So we were putting our trust in a new girl (who was the manager but still...)


Ava went first but I wasn't so nervous because I knew what to expect...

DSC_0057_2

Amelia was second and I have to admit, I gasped a little when she took those sharp shears and cut off Amelia's long ponytail...I didn't get a picture of it, but each of them had 8 inches cut off!!!

DSC_0063_2

And here they are afterward!  I absolutely love this cut on Amelia.  I thought it might make her look older but it made her look more like a baby and I love it!!  And I think it's equally cute on our eight-year-old Ava.  Grandma was along and splurged for the feathers in their hair...something Ava had really been wanting.  They get a lollipop after a haircut and Amelia couldn't help but dive in - wouldn't even take it out for a quick picture!!  We stopped at Panera on the way home for a quick dinner and I snapped these cute photos of the girls...


IMG_1954

These haircuts proved so useful as the summer progressed.  No fits brushing through tangled hair and so easy to wash and dry after the pool!  We might make this a summer tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers