Saturday, December 11, 2010

Project 365 - Days 319-325

We had some special events happen during and around this week and I'm working on getting those up in their own posts.  Until then, enjoy these snapshots of our life!


Day 319/365 - November 14


Ava wanted to ride Tinkerbell to show her Grandpa & Grandma how much she has learned and Amelia wanted to be right in on the action.  So we saddled up Butters and Amelia rode him around for awhile as well.  

Day 320/365 - November 15


Ava turned eight years old today.  Yes.  Eight years old.  I can hardly believe it.  She looks so grown up here!  I hope to do a separate post about her special day so stay tuned...

Day 321/365 - November 16


This was taken a few days ago (because I needed a filler for today) but shows how excited Ava is to go to Awana!  I went through Awana when I was her age and loved it.  It is where I first learned and memorized so many of the Bible verses I still know today.  We started late in the year so this was her first week wearing her new vest and bringing her little Sparks tote.  So cute!

Day 322/365 - November 17


Riding lessons continue for Ava though now that school has started it's just two times a month, usually.  Here is Ava going over her little 'jump'.  Ava begs her instructor, Denise, to start jumping every week so Denise has used this as an incentive for Ava to work on other aspects of her riding.  If she does those other things well during her lesson, she gets to start 'jumping' ;-)

Day 323/365 - November 18


Amelia's Mother's Day Out class had their little Thanksgiving party so I came to join in on the fun!  I think here Amelia is finishing up a mandarin orange.  She loves oranges!

Day 324/365 - November 19


This picture is actually to memorialize an unfortunate event.  That's my farrier on the far left working on Tommy's feet.  My farrier had his standing appointment to take care of all the horses today.  When I went up to the barn that morning to get everyone ready, I discovered Belle in her stall with her right hind leg completely swollen again.  Fearing the worst, I called my vet (on the far right) who in this picture is reviewing Belle's x-rays.  Yes, 2 days before Belle was going to be let back into the pasture, freed from her 2 months of stall rest, she showed up with a new fracture.  Same bone, different fracture.  We're not sure how she did it - though I suspect she did it kicking at the stall wall - but this time it is a more severe fracture and will require 4 months of stall rest.  We are unsure if this is a pathologic problem but if she fractures it again or has too many other complications during her stall rest, we will have to consider putting her down.  At 24 years old she isn't extremely old for a horse but she's not a spring chicken either...

Day 325/365 - November 20


Here's Belle waiting for her stall to be finished.  Because I think she fractured her leg kicking at the stall wall, I had to move Belle to an end.  The end stall, however, didn't have floor mats completely on the floor and because I want to it be as cushiony as possible for her and I don't want her to trip on the edge of an exposed mat, I spent the day going to the store to buy new mats, filling in and leveling the dirt floor and arranging the mats in the stall so it will be safe for her.  Fresh bedding and it's all ready for her.  You can see how 2 months of stall rest has really atrophied Belle's muscles and that she's lost some weight.  Because she's bearing a lot of her weight on her good back leg, it's better to have her weighing less than more but it doesn't make for the prettiest pictures :-(  

Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers